Wednesday, May 13, 2015

How Sweet It Was: Throwback Candyland Party

No joke: my soon to be 8-year-old has requested an Oregon Trail Birthday Party! Whah?????? I can't help but think back to the time that she asked for a Candyland 5th birthday party in 2012. Since it is conveniently the photo album I need to work on next, I thought I would tell you about the time this happened:
Yep, I turned the yard into a gamebaord, complete with Gumdrop Mountains:
Lollipop Woods:

A Peppermint Forrest:

You had to be careful and not to get stuck digging for treasure in Gloppy's Chocolate Swamp:

If you got too sticky, you could rinse off by spraying the dastardly Lord Licorice:

Along the way you could rest at a candy-colored seating area:

The fabulous St Louis Snow Sled showed up:

They offered all their regulars along with a specialty candy menu and a separate table with St. Louis' best pretzels and popcorn. If you know me, you know I had to add a cotton candy machine:
I also offered lots of water bottles and adult beverages--it was a blazing hot July day!

Back in the game, the kids were cooling off at our favorite spot on the game board, the Rainbow Slide:

As players completed the game, they were given a prize: a toothbrush and reminder to brush their teeth!!!

And with that, Baby's Candyland 5th was in the books! Now does anyone know how to throw an Oregon Trail party???!!!

1 comment:

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.