Friday, July 15, 2016

Be our Guest!

Today Kelly's Korner's real life home tours is all about guest rooms.  My parents live out of town and visit us about every 2 months.  So, a dedicated guest room was important to me when we built the house.  Of course, we would have given it up if we had a third child, but it turns out we were meant to be a family of four and have a guest room!

My theory of a guest room is to give guests just what they need.  For me that means extra toiletries, including soap, q-tips, cotton balls, and lots of back-up t.p. (who wants to ask for that?!).  I also feel like a phone, charging station, kleenex and a clock are a must.  Other than that, I don't like too much in there.  I say give them a blank space and empty drawers so they can unpack and stay awhile.

Here is our sparse, but comfy guest room.  This is the original Pottery Barn Upholstered Headboard, called "The Lewis." The bedding is all Pottery barn f the same era with pillows purchased ions ago. The art above the bed was made from toilet paper rolls!
The mid-century modern dresser and nightstand were my father in law's in the his mid-century childhood room.  We also have the matching desk and twin beds elsewhere in the house.



3 comments:

Sherry said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like we have quite a bit in common. I love your title of "stay-at-home attorney." Can I steal it? I am still trying to figure out where the career goes from here while enjoying these very important years at home with the kids. I would live a dedicated guest room like this, but as you have seen, that is not the case at the moment. :-) I look forward to reading more of your thoughts on life as a lawyer and stay-at-home mom. Sounds like great inspiration for me!

Brandi said...

Such a comfortable room for your guests. Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting me. You can read more about our decision to convert our garage here.
http://bet1975.blogspot.com/2015/12/we-converted-our-garage-into-living.html

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Sounds like your guests have everything they need and more! Looks like a nice, serene space!